Thursday, November 26, 2009

Are you saved?

A few days ago, a gal was sharing her experiences of God ("the lord", she said) and how the holy spirit fills her up. She asked if I was "Saved" and very carefully, yet swiftly I said with a smile "I am very ... connected". Then she asked if we could pray and I said yes.  And as she prayed, I began translating her words, translating how her words made me feel, and how they seemed to make her feel. It was an incredible experience for me, in so many ways, but the one that really sticks out is how, without judgement, I came to a greater understanding of her and her God-road. In those moments together, I felt a generosity of spirit, a coming together despite our individual approaches. What a fantastic starting point for growth in my life, and in the world. So I wonder, am I saved?  Perhaps in that moment, I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment