Thursday, November 26, 2009

Roots and Minerals

I called my mom yesterday afternoon, to ask what herb would be best with roasted root vegetables. How ironic, she was also making roasted root vegetables to bring for her Thanksgiving dinner at my cousin's house in NY!  31oo miles between her east and my west and we're still always connected. My family, my roots, the soil for the roots with the minerals that nurtured me to grow, and now, the nurturing elements in and around me today. Drizzled with oil and seasoned with salt, anointed and healed. Nourishing me today in a meal with friends, memories of yesterday and today feeding my quest for life and growth, and gratitude. I guess this all may sound way too metaphorical and deep for what started as a question of herbs for roasted root vegetables, so on a lighter note, she said she likes to use thyme (rosemary can sometimes be a little overpowering, she shared).  

No comments:

Post a Comment